We All Need to Do the Right Thing and Speak Out Against Racism

Marcus Watley (right) meets a new friend
and demonstrate solidarity on the Mall in DC.

Thoughts from

Marcus Watley

Rome, Georgia


Blacks and whites have to agree that we need to show solidarity. 


We both need to stand against bigotry, racism and social injustices. When whites are silent they are just as guilty as the ones who are perpetuating these horrific acts. 


Truth is truth. There is no monopoly on either side. 

 

I’m usually silent myself so I understand but it’s time to speak up. 

 

Holding trial in the street is a gang concept and when people are getting killed for a traffic violation that’s exactly what the killers are doing. Holding trial. You mean to tell me that if I talk back to the police or look like I have a gun I don’t deserve a day in court? I have to die out here on the ground like a dog? 

 

“I’ve experienced police brutality, racial profiling, harsh sentencing, and I’ve spent years inside of the prison systems. These are empirical facts. This isn’t something that I read about”. 

 

To deny my skin as a motivating factor for the hate that I have received from cops and aggressive prosecutors alike is an insult so you can not be a part of this conversation. 

 

This crucial conversation is for my white brothers and sisters out there who not only know THEIR lives matter but can also admit that BLACK lives matter as well. 

 

If you’ve seen first hand what it’s like to be black in America and you are still confused keep watching; but if you’re a human being who understands and can empathize stand with us and say something.  We need to vote these bigots out, find our own candidates, and replace them from the ground up.

 

 #stampedingunicorns #ihavetobethisway  #blm #alm #livity


Comments